This is probably more relevant to the OSCE but it may come up in the management. The information is from here
- The person making the directive must be aged 18 yrs or older
- The person must be mentally competent when the directive is made
- The directive must specify the treatment refused
- It may also specify the circumstances in which the refusal is to apply
- The person must not have subsequently withdrawn it or appointed an attorney to make the decision
- The person making the directive has not done anything inconsistent with the terms of the directive
- The individual lacks capacity to make decisions at the time the directive is invoked.
The directive must be
- Written down
- Clearly indicate that it is to apply even if life is at risk
- Signed and witnessed.